Sandhole Barn is in a rural area, good for enjoying the surrounding countryside, whether you just like a gentle stroll or a more challenging walk on the North Downs.
10% Discount offered to walkers with the Pilgrims Passport (www.pilgrimswaycanterbury.org)
Sandhole Barn holds the Welcome badges from VisitBritain, indicating that it meets the standards required to meet the needs of walkers and cyclists.
We offer useful facilities for those wishing to enjoy the surrounding countryside on foot or by cycle:
- Lockable undercover storage for bicycles
- Space for drying outdoor clothing and footwear overnight
- Outside tap, bucket, soap sponge to clean off boots etc
- Basic puncture repair kit
- Details of local cycle shops
- Basic first aid kit
- Range of guides to local walks and cycleways
- Public transport information
- Shop selling basic goods 10 mins walk away; supermarket (Tesco) 5 mins drive; online deliveries can be arranged.
Footpaths pass the gateway to the property, leading to the Pilgrims Way and North Downs, and there are a wealth of local walks possible.
Leybourne Lakes Country park is just 5 mins away on the other side of the main road. If you prefer to walk with a guide, the council organises free guided walks on Thursday and Saturday mornings every week from here.